Join the Team
Job Description – Timber Machinist
As a Timber Machinist, you will be operating woodworking machinery to transform wood into finished products for the construction industry. You will help manufacture products that help provide safer and healthier homes and buildings for New Zealanders.
Living wage paid to start with 3 month review.
You will need to be able to work with others, follow instructions and maintain a tidy work environment as well as have some attention to detail and procedures for consistency in production.
No Previous Machinist experience is required but practical skills to operate machinery is preferable.
Attention to detail, accuracy and resourcefulness are desirable.
There is a need to have a good base level of fitness as the job entails regular lifting and maneuvering of products.
• Follow work schedules as directed by the Machining Leading Hand.
• Follow instructions for proper handling/storage of all materials including hazardous materials.
• Communicate with the Machining Leading Hand on any operational/mechanical issues that may need attention.
• Help ensure areas are kept to a tidy standard.
• Ensure all relevant safety procedures are observed.
• Work with Machining Leading Hands to ensure all product specifications and production targets are achieved.
Teamwork - The ability to behave in a co-operative and supportive manner within a team by actively contributing whilst remaining flexible to the needs of others:
We look forward to hearing from you